What makes 8 bit games so popular?


There are many reasons why 8-bit games are popular.

For some, 8 bit games provide nostalgia value – that is, they deliver pleasant memories of a simpler time, long gone (often of one’s childhood).

When I think of 8 bit games, I think of growing up as a carefree kid in the 80’s, initially with games like Pac Man, Galaga and Dig Dug, and later, with slightly more complex 8 bit games like Ghosts 'n Goblins, Double Dragon and Contra.

I think of riding my BMX bike to play 8 bit games at the local fish n’ chip shop or corner store

I think of Christmas time and playing 8 bit games on a Commodore 64 personal computer (kindly delivered by Santa Claus, of course).

When I think of 8 bit games, I also think of the movies, music and all the other pop culture traits synonymous with the 1980’s (watch a few episodes of Stranger Things and you’ll get the idea). #What makes 8 bit games so popular?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why one should only watch movies from cliver tv?

Look at Useful and Productive Guidelines to Learn How to Use the Latest Version of Lucky 4D

The use of cannabis plant for medicinal purposes